THE BIG RACE (3 runners Relay)
Brief description of the 3 relay races:
- 1st relay: La Mure – La Mine Image = 14,5 km and 700 m of elevation gain
- 2nd relay: La Mine Image – Les Signaraux = 24 km and 1 550 m of elevation gain
- 3rd relay: Les Signaraux – Treffort = 29,5 km and 1 250 m of elevation gain
For this 13th edition, the organization offers a course close to the 2023 one, of course keeping the cultural and natural wonders of local heritage, elements that have been very popular in previous editions.
The departure of the race will take part in La Mure, major town of the Matheysin plateau, then you will run on the ascent of Sénépi at dawn. You will then have the chance to discover La Pierre Plantée, to go back down to La Mine Image, the underground museum of the Mine and pass the relay to the second runner.
In the role of the second runner, you will then head for La Pierre Percée (Holed rock), one of the 7 wonders of Dauphiné region. You will then following up with the ascent of Connex to go back down to the village of Monteynard to discover its belvedere, then the Grand Balcony of the historic railway of the Petit Train de la Mure, giving you a wonderful view of the lake and the EDF Dam below you, and the Vercors Mountains!
You will then attack the ascent to the Sénépi mountain pasture via the Signaraux ski resort and its famous ski lift where you will pass the relay to the third and last runner. At the top of the Sénépi, the Everest of the TPM, the junction with the Maratrail course takes place, and you will be welcomed by the shepherd, his family and his team at the Alpage chalet!
From there, you will go down to Mayres-Savel before crossing the 2 himalayan bridges (the Drac then the Ébron) to pass from the Matheysine to the Trièves. Finally, you will enjoy superb panoramas on the lake while evolving on the slopes of Côte Rouge before the final descent on the nautical Base of Treffort where the arrival will be judged.
You can find all the details of the route of the Big Race 2024 by clicking to the link below:
The natural spaces we are working on and the people who are taking care of those lands and territories, which you will be crossing for the race, are factors we do not control 100%. Therefore, we sometimes have to make changes to our different routes, which can slightly modify the distance and/or the altitude difference. This distance and altitude difference is therefore given as an indication.
|TIME AND DEPARTURE||5:00 am in La Mure on Sunday 14th of July 2024|
|ARRIVAL||Treffort Beach (Nautical Base)|
|DISTANCE PER RUNNER||– 1st relay (La Mure – La Mine Image): 14,5 km and 700 m d+|
– 2nd relay (La Mine Image – Les Signaraux): 24 km and 1 550 m d+
– 3rd relay (Les Signaraux – Treffort): 29,5 km and 1 250 m d+
|ALTITUDE||3 500 m elevation gain|
|REFRESHMENT STATION||– km 14,5 (La Mine Image)|
– km 26 (Monteynard)
– km 38 (Les Signaraux)
– km 48,5 (Alpage Sénépi)
– km 54,5 (Mayres Savel village)
– km 61 (Passerelle de l’Ébron)
We remind you that we will not give you glasses on refreshment stations (during the race and at the finish line). You need to have your personal glass.
|FINISH LINE CLOSURE||– At the refreshment station of Mine Image (km 14,5) at 7:45 am|
– At the refreshment station of Signaraux (km 38) at 12:45 pm
– At the refreshment station of Mayres Savel village (km 54,5) at 4:15 pm
– At the refreshment station of Ebron (km 61) at 5:45 pm
– At the Arrival at 7:10 pm
|COLLECTION BIBS||– Friday 12 July: in Treffort (Nautical base) from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm|
– Saturday 13 July: in Treffort (Nautical base) from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
– Sunday 14 July: in La Mure city council from 4:00 am to 4:45 am
|REGISTRATION FEES||– 100€ for the first 5 teams|
– 120€ for the next 5 teams
– 140€ for the next 5 teams
– 150€ on the remaining teams
|AGE REQUIRMENT||To be born in 2004 or before|
|PRIZE GIVING CEREMONY||In Treffort (Nautical base) at 2:30 pm|
|EQUIPMENT||– Mandatory equipment: 1,5L tank of water + 1 survival blanket + 1 hat + 1 waterproof jacket + 1 fully charged cellphone + 1 head torch + 1 whistle + 1 food supply + 1 cup|
– Recommended equipment: long stockings (tights)
– Tolerated equipment: Telescopic poles (must be folded at the departure)
|SHUTTLE||There is no shuttle planned from the organization to bring the participants to the relay points (La Mine Image and the Signaraux).|
The runners have to be autonomous to get to their respective relay meeting.