LE 3e POSTE – 17 km
2017 was the 20th anniversary of the closure of the Matheysin plateau mines, for this special date the organization decided to affiliate to this event, offering to the participants a new trial that led you to those paths of this historic and local adventure.
We therefore maintain this 2017 surprise, offering in 2023 this trail the 3rd Poste in solo and 2 relay runners. The trail leads to the 3 wells of the visible mines and a few marquing spots of this past period :
- The departure will take place in Prunières next to the mine well. You will then pass by the high path of La Mure, which has became a very turistic venue in 80’s, right before the closure of the mine!
- The railway will lead you to Susville well and to the coal store where the ore was stocked before being loaded to wagons, going down the railway between 1888 and 1988. This is where the relay meeting point will take place, for those who share the distance!
- The trail will follow up on the mountain side of Sénépi and will go along old galeries entries, overlooking at minors villages such as Le Villaret, La Centrale, Peychagnard or Crey.and also « La Centrale Pound » this power station used to run electricity with the coal waste.
- Finally, the finish will be at the 3rd well: the Sainte Marie well at the underground museum of « La Mine Image » at La Motte-d’Aveillans
Find all the details of the route of the 3rd Poste 2023 by clicking on the link below:
The natural spaces we are working on and the people who are taking care of those lands and territories, which you will be crossing for the race, are factors we do not control 100%. Therefore, we sometimes have to make changes to our different routes, which can slightly modify the distance and/or the altitude difference. This distance and altitude difference is therefore given as an indication.
|TIME AND DEPARTURE||7:15pm in Prunières (next to the mine well) on Thuesday 4 July 2023|
|ARRIVAL||« La Mine Image » Museum, in La Motte d’Aveillans|
|ALTITUDE||750 m elevation gain|
|REFRESHMENT STATION||– Km 6 : Susville Welll|
As a reminder, the personal cup is mandatory and no cups will be distributed at the refreshment stations (course or arrival).
|COLLECTION BIBS||– Saturday, July 01: in the Môle located 200 m from the Mayres Savel beach from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm|
– Sunday, July 02: at La Mure train station from 6:00 to 8:30 am
– Tuesday, July 04: at La Motte d’Aveillans (La Mine Image museum) from 4:30 pm to 6:15 pm
|REGISTRATION FEES||– 17€ for the first 75 registrants|
– 20€ for the following 75 bibs
– 24€ for the following 75 bibs
– 28€ for the remaining bibs
|AGE REQUIREMENT||To be born in 2005 or before|
|FINISH LINE CLOSURE||– At the refreshment station in Susville (km 6) at 8:15 pm|
– At the Col de la Festinière (km 14) at 10:15 pm
|EQUIPMENT||– Mandatory equipment: 0,5L tank of water + 1 survival blanket + 1 fully charged cell phone + 1 whistle + 1 food supply + Head torch + personnal cup|
– Tolerated equipment: telescopic poles (must be folded at the departure)
|INSTRUCTIONS||No locker service, neither in Prunières at the beginning, nor in La Motte d’Aveillans|
|SHUTTLES||A / Bus service: Grenoble → Prunières in partnership with the Département de l’Isère (4€/pers)|
A bus service will take participants:
– Either from Grenoble city center, departing at 5:10 pm from Place Victor Hugo
– Or from Pont-de-Claix, departing at 5:30 pm from the “L’étoile” streetcar station.
This shuttle will leave directly for the start in Prunières, where you can pick up your bibs numbers before the start of the race.
The same shuttle will wait until the end of the race to depart from the finish site at La Mine Image, at around 10:45 pm towards Grenoble, with a stop in Pont-de-Claix.
Online booking possible while places last (50 seats).
B / Bus service: La Mine Image → Prunières (2€/pers)
A bus service will take participants to the start in Prunières from the La Mine Image museum, where bib collection and the finish will take place.
The bus will leave La Mine Image at 6.15pm.
Online booking possible while places last (210 seats).
C / Booking these services
These services must be booked when you register online at the rate of 2€ or 4€ per person, depending on your choice.
|PRIZE GIVING CEREMONY||In La Motte d’Aveillans (La Mine Image Museum) at 10:00 pm|
|LABEL||The 3e Poste is part of several labels : |
– ITRA: The 3e Poste will allow you to obtain a score that will be used in the calcul of your ITRA index.
– UTMB Qualifier : The race is part of the UTMB Qualifier 20 km.